Oxbow – Botanical Hays 15oz (SMALL PET FOOD)
- Crude Protein min 8.00%
- Crude Fat min 1.50%
- Crude Fiber max 32.00%
- Moisture max 15.00%
Timothy Grass Hay, Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Clover
Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts
Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
Botanical Hay can be fed free choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, prairie dogs and other herbivores as an alternative to timothy, oat hay, and brome. Free-choice means that the feed is available at all times. If they finish what is given, you need to give them more! Hay should not only be used for nutritional purposes, but also for mental stimulation and the promotion of natural foraging behavior.
Try feeding hay in new and inventive ways to increase consumption.
- Rabbits like to eat hay in their litter box.
- Fill a cardboard tube, basket or animal-safe toy with hay and place it in your pet’s favorite spot.
- Put a layer of hay on the bottom of the cage and hide food/treats in the hay for foraging.
- Put hay everywhere: the hutch, the corner, behind the couch, etc…
- Offer a variety of mixed hays to tempt animals with sophisticated tastes.
How much do I feed daily?
It should be fed free choice daily. That means the hay should be available at all times. 75% of a small herbivore’s diet should be hay.