Oxbow – Oat Hays 15oz (SMALL PET FOOD)
- Crude Protein min 7.00%
- Crude Fat min 1.50%
- Crude Fiber max 32.00%
- Moisture max 15.00%
100% Oat Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads
Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts
Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
Oat Hay can be fed free choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, prairie dogs and other herbivores as an alternative to timothy, orchard grass, and organic meadow hay. Free-choice means that the feed is available at all times. If they finish what you give them, you need to give them more!
Not only should hay be used for nutritional purposes, but also for mental stimulation and the promotion of natural foraging behavior. Oat Hay is unique that it offers a high degree of foraging entertainment.
- Fill an infant wading pool with oat hay and let the guinea pigs loose.
- Rabbits like to eat hay in their litter box.
- Fill a cardboard tube, basket or animal-safe toy with hay and place it in your pet’s favorite spot.
- Put a layer of hay on the bottom of the cage and hide food/treats in the hay for foraging.
- Put hay everywhere: the hutch, the corner, behind the couch, etc.